14 March 2009

Love Theme from 'Gabriela'

Love Theme from 'Gabriela' [Tema de amor de Gabriela (Antonio Carlos Jobim)]

Won't you come nearer, beautiful lover [Chega mas perto...]
Won't you come nearer, my ray of sun
The house where I live is a desert of darkness
But when you're here it fills up with sun

My lips are thirsty, but they will be patient [Molha tua boca...]
Your lips to me are nourishing spring
But you are the centre of each celebration
And I'm just a clown who waits in the wings

House of shadow, life of seclusion [Casa de sombra...]
And only you can help put out this fire
Of pain and of sorrow, of bitter illusion
And so I long for you, filled with desire

Here's Ney Matogrosso singing it. I can't decide if this is frighteningly good or just plain frightening...

No comments: