10 March 2009

It Had to Be You

It Had to Be You [Só tinha de ser com você (Antonio Carlos Jobim/Aloysio de Oliveira)]

And so you say [E só eu sei]
You feel loved
You feel saved
Don't you know
This is my
Love for you

And, darling it had to be you [E só tinha de ser...]
Or else it just wouldn't be true
Or else it would be more heartache
Or else it would be a mistake

And here's what nobody can see: [aquele que o gente...]
Love that has given to you
What you never could have before
Love that has given to you
What you never could have...

And, your love is as blue as the sea [E, você que e...]
Without you I'm blue as can be
But with you here I can feel
A joy and a peace so unreal

If only you could understand [Se ao menos podesse...]
I'm always alone without you
You're always alone without me
I'm always alone...

And here's Elis Regina singing it over a video of umm... something 70's ish going on, I guess. Well, Elis Regina is in the video, too.

No comments: