03 December 2008

God v. Aliens

There are many things I don't understand. One is why some gays think the right to gay marriage is important. Another is why some non-gays wish to deny them this right. A third is pretty much fucking everything about quantum field theory.

But this post isn't about any of those things. It's about why Intelligent Design advocates don't (at least I never heard of it happening) present Fermi's paradox as an argument for their side. Actually, maybe I do know why: it doesn't in anyway say anything about evolution, the thing that IDers most fervently want to take down. And yet, I would enjoy it if I heard the question

"If there's no God, where are all the aliens?"

I mean, it's not like ID-supporters in the scientific community don't largely have a reputation as lunatics already, so they got nothing to lose. But seriously, I can't think of an answer to that question.

No comments: